Friday, October 8, 2010

syrupy concoction of a sleepy-head

Blame it on the diet Pepsi I gobbled after 6pm. Now, I am still up amidst the monotone sound of the dryer in the laundry room . My husband who is not so friendly with the sleep fairy is now snoozing while I am here updating my long lost blog. I wonder who reads this anyway.

My last entry was more than a year ago. I talked about my latest work with children with autism and my eternal weight struggle. I did go to the marathon but because I flipped my ankle , I only finished two miles short of my 9-mile goal. It was a new experience which I decided long ago I will not do again. Running is not for me really. I rather be in the ocean and be with the fishes.

I still work with children with autism but not anymore in a school setting. I decided five months ago to pursue a professional certification and become a behavior analyst. So now, I am a full time student and hoping to be be done with school and certification by January of 2012.

According to my family and friends, I seems to be well adjusted to my new home already. Why not when I've been here for the past three years now. I witnessed a change of president, harsh winter, three super bowl games, acquired many friends from different countries and have been paying monthly mortgage. And so they thought...

Some things never change. I still eat rice , crave for those awful smelling shrimp paste and Filipino food, sleeps in the same position and commits same kind of sin , more or less...And worst, I still miss my parents.

They say that time can heal all wounds. You forget your ex-boyfriend or you forget whatever grudges you keep against someone as time passes by. But I guess not the grief of losing both of your parents.

I do miss my Papang and Mamang and I verbalize such feelings in so many behavior. Anger, resentment, failure and most of all guilt are just few of those forms of behavior. When can I get over this with? When can this end?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both educative
and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy that I came across this
during my hunt for something concerning this.

My web site ... Louis Vuitton Handbags